Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tablescapes at the Women's Retreat

For Tablescape Thursday I want to share all the lovely tablescapes we recently saw at a Women's Retreat my church hosted.  At this retreat we had women volunteer to set tables, and they could use any theme they wanted.

Here are the lovely results starting with a festive red Fiesta Ware table.


I didn't check to see who made these plates, but I loved the beautiful colors.  Notice the heart suckers in the candelabra.  They were a joke played on the hostess.  They were later replaced with candles.

This group set their table later so I got a pic of them at the party.

A lovely spring table.
I loved this table.  The napkins and plates were all disposable.  And it still was so lovely.


A Noritake black and white table.

A Frankoma and Amber Sandwich glass table.

This group also set their table later.  I love that they brought their own chairs and used a quilt for a table cloth to give it a homey feel. 

My southwest multi-color Fiesta Ware table. This was a last minute addition, because we needed extra seating.  Later Spree candy was sprinkled around the table and at each place setting in little cups.

This is my Valentine themed table.


A few of the great little touches.









Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting our party today!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh...they are all sooooo PRETTY...my fav is the SPRING table! Hope you have a great day:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of tables. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Someone knows what they're doing!
    Those tablescapes are gorgeous! Come see me sometime! Would love to have you visit!

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did every table have a "theme?" They are all so different and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tables! I have watching "Tablescape Thursdays" for quite some time. This is my first time to comment but these tables were too pretty to pass without comment. The variety and creativity is awesome. Great Job:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time was shared by everyone there. The tables are so lovely-thanks so much for sharing these pictures and providing me with lots of great ideas for future tablescapes!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @vignette design - each table had a different them, but it was up to each hostess. There was no prescribed theme. Because it was so close to Valentine's Day, a couple chose that type of theme, but many just wanted to show off family china that had been in the family, and other were just helping out.

    Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doing this at my church too! So fun and thrilling to see what so many women do with the table decor TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty and I love the details of your table. And the table with a quilt and own chairs is just Precious! I so would have loved to sit at anyone of those lovely tables :) Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun to see other people creativity! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing all these different tablescapes! They are all so pretty!

    What fun!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went over the pictures a few times and still can't pick a favorite. I bet they were even more gorgeous in person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luvd this post!!!
    Plez come over for a visit to homehaven sometime,
    d

    ReplyDelete