Sunday, September 6, 2009

Western Themed Table

For the Grant County Fair this year, I have decided to enter the Tablescaping Contest. I love to tablescape, but I have never done anything like this before, but I thought I would give it a try. The theme this year is "Western" which is not exactly something I would have done if it were not the theme. I wondered what I should do. It only had to be a place setting for one, therefore, I didn't need to have a full set of dishes, just enough for one.

I immediately thought of a pair of my father's cowboy boots that I have kept. I decided it would be a nice touch to use one as the centerpiece with an arrangement of flowers.



I then looked around and found a plate with a pair of cowboy boots on it at an antique store. This I placed on a silver service plate (I thought the trim looked like rope), and added a square rust-red plate. The plate was the same color as the napkins.



The colors matched a quilted place mat with chickens that I already had.


I placed an iron cross and a small old lantern that we had. I picked up the branded salt and pepper set at the antique store where I bought the plate.



I tied in the yellow in the place mat with these pretty sunflower glasses, and a yellow Fiesta mug.


This is the finished product.


I don't know if I will win any contest, but I am pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment